Sunday, October 25, 2009

Under Galilean stars

Coming back to this the next day- I had another thought with this at the time- Jesus relationship with the Father does not happen in a vacuum- it is an expansion of what has come before- I don't know how this works- but I assume a fair bit (perhaps most) of Jesus knowledge here was appropriated the same way we appropriate this knowledge. He would have been soaked in the Hebrew scriptures, spent time under galilean stars communing with the Father- pondering things at the workbench (I feel what limits this train of thought a little is Luke's story when he was 12- did you not know I had to be in my Father's house?) - Still, did a certain amount of revelation have to happen before the son of God could come as a man (the old testament)- so that he could tap into that (as men do- but in this case with an unsullied vision)...

No comments:

Post a Comment