Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jesus' faith unblind- 7:24

I just looked for the Glover quote about Jesus thoughts on goodness and evil- couldn't find it quickly- couldn't find the newer copy that Paul gave me.

NIV translates v24- Jesus left that place.. The greek is Ekeithen de anastas apelthen eis ta horia Turou
And he arose from there and went into the region of Tyre. I assume that's Capernaum to Tyre. By road perhaps 80km's at a rough guess from the atlas of the bible.. I'd think a three day journey- though they would have travelled pretty light. I wonder what time of year we are at. He enters into a house and wishes no one to know but is not able to escape notice. I wonder... He's just bluntly insulted the delegation from Jerusalem- they probably have their own three day journey back to give their report, and Jesus seems to feel the need for space between him and the Sanhedrin. As John would say- his time had not yet come- and that necessitated a geographical shift. If that is correct then it is interesting comment on faith, God's action and human action. Jesus has complete faith in the Father, but that does not mean at this stage that he walks into Jerusalem.

Remain in me- for apart from me you can do nothing/ The three men and the talents/ If you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe that what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment